We have an all-analogue recording and mixdown process for a warm, authentic sound, starting with a 1980s tape machine, a 24-channel Allen & Heath mixing desk and an array of lush valve equipment with Telefunken, Neumann and Royer-ribbon microphones. After mixdown, your material will then benefit from our in-house mastering for you to be able to take away your choice of a well-mastered CD, or a '.WAV' file to stream/release online (at the normal 44.1K sample-rate/16-bit).
The studio has a capable and experienced engineer, spacious live recording area, a vocal booth with a classic valve Telefuken microphone, a Pearl Masters Custom drum kit, an electric-grand piano, fabulous Nord Electro keyboard, valve-Marshall amplifiers, Ashdown bass-rig, full rack of valve-based hardware/1176 compressor/limiters/hardware-EQs & effects, bathroom facilities and a separate kitchen, plus complimentary tea, coffee and Wi-Fi.
Why Analogue? - analogue tape gives a very natural, full and flattering sound to music of all genres and is still regarded as the best sounding recording medium. The benefits of recording this way are heard on many classic albums with their pleasing authenticity, warmth and punch.
(drop-ins, fixes & overdubs are still easily possible when recording with tape).
In pro audio, most modern gear is still referencing the past- Will Shanks, Universal Audio
What is included in the recording rates below?
- Free parking for several cars
- Analogue tape costs are already included
- An experienced engineer/producer is included
- No charge for use of the Pearl Masters Custom kit & Meinl cymbals
- Use of the grand piano, Nord Electro keyboard and Roland Synth-keyboard
- Use of a selection of Marshall & Ashdown amplifiers
- Use of a selection of Telefunken and Neumann microphones
- Mixing down with high end vintage valve rack gear
- On-site mastering is included during the last stage of your session
- Free tea & coffee all day, use of kitchen facilities and fast complimentary Wi-Fi
SINGLE-DAY : single-day session (ideal for one song or small projects)
Pay cash on the day or spread the cost paying by card
MULTIPLE WEEK-DAYS : (for EPs, albums and other longer projects)
NOT SURE? : use our Contact page to tell us what you're looking to spend
Spoken to us but not yet booked dates? :